College football playoff

I was just wondering evryone’s thoughts on the College Football playoff. Does it need to expand to 8 teams? Stay the same. As long as it stays four teams Bama, Clemson, and OSU are going to continue to get the best players because they are always in the hunt. Any thoughts?

1 Like

change for the sake of making it better is fine by me. As I stated before, P5 auto champions, with three at large bids, or go to top 16 seeding like FBS/D2/D3 does…early rounds played at host schools home site, semi/finals games are big bowl tie ins. Or, just eliminate the CFP and go back to bowls mean something and polls determine the winner. The polls is the worst process personally speaking but anything other than the bama/clemson show. I thought I saw a stat that bama/clemson have won 80% of the titles in the CFP era.

1 Like

Because they are the biggest brands. They are in the play off every year. I think if it went to the five conference champions and three at large it would help. Maybe recruiting would even out a bit. Maybe it wouldn’t, I don’t know. I guess everyone else has to step their game up, because I don’t see it changing.

1 Like

I think it could help recruiting. Kids today want to go to the league… if you have four programs in the national focus year in and year out…that’s where they go. It’s a hell of a recruiting pitch…look at my national title rings.
Make it 8 in the playoffs it would help four more teams. Maybe us, maybe not. If it’s conference autobid, osu has the B1G for the foreseeable future. Though Northwestern says not so fast

1 Like